SportAccord 2008 Photos
Through its official blog, Google today announced that they’re retiring the Google Advertising Professionals (GAP) program, and replacing it with the new Google AdWords Certification program. According to the blog post, “the new program provides agencies and their employees with more up-to-date, comprehensive, strategy-focused training and certification on the latest tools and best practices for managing AdWords accounts.”
There are 4 main changes in the new program:
1) Certifications: Google will now recognize Individual Qualification (at the individual level) and Certified Partner status (company level).
2) Managed spend: There is no longer a managed spend requirement at the Individual Qualification level. As for the company level, the managed spend requirement has been reduced to $10,000 minimum (from $100,000).
3) New exams: There are now 4 exams (!) and individuals are required to pass at least two (the Fundamentals Exam and one advanced exam) to become qualified.
4) Badging: The Qualified Individual/Company logos will be phased out. Qualified companies will now be awarded Google Certified Partner badges (such as the one below). Individuals will receive a certificate when they pass the required exams.
Being a Torchbearer for the Vancouver 2010 Torch Relay was an experience that I will remember and share for the rest of my life.
What: Vancouver 2010 Olympic Torch Relay
When: October 29, 2009 @ 5:22 p.m.
Where: Panepistimiou Street (Athens)
The moment the Olympic Flame was passed to the first Torchbearer for the commencement of the Vancouver 2010 Torch Relay, a new Facebook application was launched: Pass the Flame! During the coverage of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Torch Relay, Community-online.com is enabling Facebook members to share the values of peace, brotherhood and friendship.
Every day – from October 22nd to February 12th (Olympic Torch Relay) and from March 3rd to March 12th (Paralympic Torch Relay) – you can “Pass the Flame” to your Facebook friends. Each time you Pass the Flame, it will be like running with the Torch for 300 meters (like the actual Torch Relay).
Why did we create this Facebook application? Couple of reasons (in the order that we list them below):
1) To enable people from all over the world to share the values of peace, brotherhood, and friendship with their friends and family.
2) To use the power of social media and viral marketing to promote TorchRelay.net – the first site that enables Olympic and Paralympic Torchbearers and Fans to share their Torch Relay experience.
I’m very pleased to announce the launch of TorchRelay.net – a new digital channel providing coverage of the Olympic Torch Relay including news, photos, videos, torchbearer profiles and more.
This is another official update to the original “Shift Happens” video. This completely new Fall 2009 version includes facts and stats focusing on the changing media landscape, including convergence and technology, and was developed in partnership with The Economist.
Comment: Unfortunately, there are still so many people out there who “don’t know” and others who simply “don’t want to know”.